Setting up a cascading drop-down within Sintel Forms is pretty easy and can be achieved using a combination of lookup lists and a Rule within the Logic screen of the Sintel Forms Designer as follows:
- Create the "Countries" list and add some countries to it.
- Create the "Cities" list, add a lookup column that is connected to the "Countries" list from step 1 and add some cities.
- Create the main list (the one in which you will enable Sintel Forms) and add 2 lookup fields "City" and "Country" that are linked to the "Countries" and "Cities" lists created in steps 1-2.
- From your main list launch the Sintel Forms Designer and click on the Logic Section from the top menu.
- Click on Add Rule and give it a name.
- There is no need to add a condition as you want this rule to execute always.
let parentLookupFieldName = 'Country'; let childLookupFieldName= 'City'; let childLookupFilterFieldName = 'CountryLookup'; cascadingDropdowns(parentLookupFieldName , childLookupFieldName, childLookupFilterFieldName);
You can re-use this example to setup any cascading drop-down you need by simply replacing the field names as required.
Also if you want to setup multiple cascades such as 2 or more levels you can use the following notation:
cascadingDropdowns("Continent", "Country", "Continent");
cascadingDropdowns("Country", "City", "Country");