We built a feature into the Sintel Forms Designer called "Export configuration". This generates a template file with the extension ".sfrm" which can be used to import your exact form configuration into another site, we know pretty cool right!
We added this feature for 2 main reasons..
- Develop, Test, Deploy
It permits you to design a form including its Layout, Workflow and Logic in a test site and once you are happy it works as expected you can then then export that configuration into a template that you can then import into another site preserving all the settings you had configured in the form.
- Troubleshooting issues
It provides us with a very quick way of assisting you in the event that you have an issue. If you have configured a form and want some help with an issue or simply configuring the form you can export the configuration to a template and send it to us. We can then import the template and replicate your exact form in less than 2 minutes! We know pretty awesome right!
Exporting the form configuration
- Launch the Sintel Forms Designer by clicking on the icon in the ribbon
- From the top menu click on "Export configuration"
- Enter in a title and a description
- Click export
Once the export is done the template file will be downloaded to your PC with the extension ".sfrm".
Importing the form configuration
- Launch the Sintel Forms App which is available under Site contents (note this is not the Sintel Forms Designer which is available in the ribbon of a SharePoint list)
- On the app homepage click on "Import a template"
- Browse to the saved template and select it
- The file title and description will be shown, click Next
- A summary screen will show the lists that will be created/updated as part of the import process, click Next
- The import process will start and once it's complete you will see a success message that allows you to open the new list or finish the process