We built a feature into the Sintel Forms Designer called "Export configuration". This generates a template file with the extension ".sfrm" which can be used to import your exact form configuration including all the lists used into another site, we know pretty cool right!
We added this feature for 2 main reasons..
- Develop, Test, Deploy
It permits you to design a form including its Layout, Workflow and Logic in a test site and once you are happy it works as expected you can then then export that configuration into a template that you can then import into another site preserving all the lists, columns & settings you had configured in the form.
- Troubleshooting issues
It provides us with a very quick way of assisting you in the event that you have an issue. If you have configured a form and want some help with an issue or simply configuring the form you can export the configuration to a template and send it to us. We can then import the template and replicate your exact form in less than 2 minutes! We know pretty awesome right!
When we troubleshoot issues reported by customers we often request that customers export their form template & send it to us. Please note that a form template does not contain any customer data. Form templates only contain the details of the lists and columns within those lists that have been configured with Sintel Forms. Sending us your form template is by far the fastest way to resolve any issue you may experience.
Exporting the form configuration
- Launch the Sintel Forms Designer by clicking on the icon in the ribbon
- From the top menu click on "Export configuration"
- Enter in a title and a description
- Click export
Once the export is done the template file will be downloaded to your PC with the extension ".sfrm".
Importing the form configuration
- Launch the Sintel Forms App which is available under Site contents (note this is not the Sintel Forms Designer which is available in the ribbon of a SharePoint list)
- On the app homepage click on "Import a template"
- Browse to the saved template and select it
- The file title and description will be shown, click Next
- A summary screen will show the lists that will be created/updated as part of the import process, click Next
- The import process will start and once it's complete you will see a success message that allows you to open the new list or finish the process